Brian’s been a bit quiet of late, largely because when he gets really excited his wings start quivering and he can’t type. What happened was, he realised it was June and that it was about to be Glastonbury, and his feathers were no longer under his control. The lucky fellow doesn’t even have to buy a ticket – he just stows away in HelenFFS’s backpack and no one ever notices.
This year was spectacular, especially for Brian, who could fly to the highest bough of the nearest tree whenever he needed shade, and flutter over the fences that divide the dirty from the clean in order to spy on Jarvis Cocker (who was wearing a lovely suit).
Here’s a swift round-up of his favourite parts of the weekend in the form of a Spotify playlist so that you can close your eyes and pretend all the flags, bunting, stages and sleeping hippies are all still firmly in place and you’re not going to have to sleep in a boring old bed tonight.*
- Seasick Steve – Walkin’ Man
- tUnE-yArDs – Sunlight
- Laura Marling – I Speak Because I Can
- Mountain Man – Arabella
- Fanfarlo – The Walls are Coming Down
- The Leisure Society – Love’s Enormous Wings
- Ellen and the Escapades – Without You
- Midlake – Small Mountain
- Mumford & Sons – Roll Away Your Stone
- Devendra Banhart – Meet Me at Lookout Point
- Stornoway – Boats and Trains
- Alessi’s Ark – Dancing Feet
- Candi Staton – Young Hearts Run Free
- Beach House – Walk in the Park
- Frightened Rabbit – Old Old Fashioned
- Stevie Wonder – Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)
*Disclaimer: before you accuse Brian of appearing to have been in two places at the same time on occasion, please take a moment to remember that he has WINGS and can FLY. Thank you.