The ol’ playlisting ground to a resounding halt when Brian got himself into what can only be described as “a MASSIVE HUFF” over Spotify’s user-unfriendly changes. Huffing is terribly unattractive behaviour, (especially for one who considers himself to be wise), so we decided to just let him be for a while.
In the meantime, though, a nice chap* called Harold Camping has kindly pointed out that it’s the start of the end of the world tomorrow, so we’re not wasting another playlist-making moment.
And we’ve found some spangly new software that makes it EASY and means anyone can listen to it, Spotify user or not. We’re hoping Brian will be coaxed back, tail feathers between his birdy little legs.
So in celebration of tomorrow’s Rapture, here’s a playlist of our favourite songs about the end of the world. Enjoy!
- The End Of The World by Skeeter Davis
- We Will Become Silhouettes by The Postal Service
- Outside Of This Car, The End Of The World by Le Loup
- End Times by Eels
- Ring of Fire by Johnny and June Cash
- If The World Ends by Guillemots
- Anyone Can Play Guitar by Radiohead
- London Calling by The Clash
- Paper Forest (In the afterglow of rapture) by Emmy The Great
- Earth Died Screaming by Tom Waits
- This Could Be My Last Day by Duke Special
- It’s Not The End Of The World? by Super Furry Animals
- The Man Comes Around by Johnny Cash
- It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine…) by REM
- The End by The Beatles
Thanks our twitter pals for song suggestions: @awkwardellie @woodlandbear @leefli @antoniojl @cajitamusic @thomhoffman @martinchilton @bickbox @darrenmjones @theyannster @life_nerd @grouchotendency @brownie873 @lucy_shepherd @heart_of_a_dog @docnat @petiteesperance @drelfy @outroversion @L0Liveri @crosstheborder @sheena__is