Brian’s been distinctly chilly this past week, and the leaves of his oak tree home are slowly browning and making the journey from branch to forest floor. Sad as it is, FFS’s resident owl has sniffed the turn in the seasons. Therefore, playlist #4 is Brian’s nod to autumn – bonfires, harvest festivals, woolly jumpers and conker fights abound, and they’re all things worthy of celebration.
So after you’ve chopped enough wood for your fire, fish out your slippers and settle down with a rummy hot chocolate and the good work of The Mamas & The Papas, Fairport Convention and Nat King Cole, among others. Here’s the full list, in case you’re not yet quite tempted enough:
1. Modest Mouse & Isaac Brock – Autumn Beds
2. God Help the Girl – Hiding Neath My Umbrella
3. The Mamas & The Papas – California Dreamin’
4. Devendra Banhart – Fall
5. The White Stripes – Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
6. The Kinks – Autumn Almanac
7. The Byrds – Turn, Turn, Turn
8. Vashti Bunyan – Rosehip November
9. Fairport Convention – Who Knows Where the Time Goes?
10. Simon & Garfunkel – Scarborough Fair
11. Kris Drever – Harvest Gypsies
12. Nat King Cole – Autumn Leaves
Click here to listen on Spotify, where you can also complete the whole set of Brian’s playlistery, if you’re yet to hear them all.