Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/forfolks/ffs/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3021
Cat Power continues in her apparent quest to cover every song ever written with the release of new EP Dark End of the Street on December 8.
The six track record features lesser known offerings from The Pogues, Fairport Convention and Aretha Franklin as well as the more familiar ‘Fortunate Son’ by MOR rock ‘n’ rollers Creedence Clearwater Revival.
Releasing the EP ensures 2008 will have been a bit of a covers sandwich for the artist, who began the year by releasing Jukebox – a tribute to the great vocalists who had influenced her over the years – with her band Dirty Delta Blues.
In fact Dark End of the Street is actually an overspill from the former album, which itself featured an extra five bonus tracks in the deluxe edition due to Power’s prolific recording.
Available on double 10″ EP or download, the full tracklisting is:
1. Dark End Of The Street (James Carr/Aretha Franklin) *
2. Fortunate Son (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
3. Ye Auld Triangle (The Pogues) *
4. I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now) (Otis Redding)
5. Who Knows Where The Time Goes (Sandy Denny/Fairport Convention) *
6. It Ain’t Fair (Aretha Franklin) *
* denotes entirely unreleased song
Words: Mike Didymus