sethFFS has a pair of tickets to give away for folk stalwart Seth Lakeman’s show at Camden’s Black Heart next Wednesday 12th May.

The showcase in the 120-capacity venue will preview songs from Seth’s new LP ‘Hearts & Minds’ to be released on 14th June and will be the only London date before the album is released.

To win a pair of tickets to the show just comment below or email win[at]forfolkssake[dot]com telling us (in 50 words or less) why you want to go to the gig. The competition closes at noon this Friday 7th May.

Seth is also offering a free download of the track ‘Hardworking Man’. Get it here.

For more Seth Lakeman info: myspace.com/sethlakeman.

**UPDATE 4/5/10 5.45PM**
We’ve just heard from Seth’s PR people that the gig on 12th May has been cancelled. Very sorry to everyone who has entered. We’ll email everyone to let you know if it gets rescheduled.

Comments

6 comments for “Win tickets to exclusive Seth Lakeman showcase in London *UPDATE – GIG CANCELLED*

1. Jan Bullock
    4 May 2010 at 3:32 pm

I have been beyond lucky to follow Seth from Punch Bowl onwards, I have travelled far & wide watching him & Team Lakeman win hoards of new fans. I wantto be there when it all kicks off big time!!

2. Louise Parmakis
    4 May 2010 at 3:41 pm

For the last decade Seth has been leading the way forward in nu-folk! Not only is his music continually pushing the barriers of is generally classed as folk music but he’s gathered around him outstanding musicians who can translate that into one hell of a foot-stomping show!

3. 4 May 2010 at 4:12 pm

Seeing Seth live opened my eyes to what live performance is all about – the energy, raw passion and intense talent, he is the real deal. H&M marks a new chapter in Seth’s career, and having intently followed his music since Kitty Jay, it’s landmark I would hate to miss.

4. 4 May 2010 at 4:17 pm

By the way, girls, you have to EMAIL your entry to win[at]forfolkssake[dot]com not just leave a comment!

5. Isabella Watney
    4 May 2010 at 4:24 pm

I saw Seth for the first time last November. It was sublime. But then I discovered that many of the songs I had just fallen in love with weren’t available yet! I’m desperate to hear them again. Plus, it would be the perfect way to celebrate finishing my university coursework.

6. Alison Tickner
    4 May 2010 at 5:42 pm

There aren’t that many performers that I can see time and again and honestly say I thoroughly enjoy each gig. Having not been able to attend previous ‘special’ events, having the opportunity to see Seth and his team perform at The Black Heart would be a highlight of my year!

Comments are closed.