Their show, Trala-lala Radio Hour was first Broadcast last Sunday (31st January) with the theme Ramblers and Broken Homes. Ben, Jeff and Jocie introduced songs from Bob Dylan, Tom Waits and Gram Parsons as well as a live session from Joe Fletcher.
Jeff and Ben aren’t new to this radio lark, having presented a jazz show on WBRU, a station in Rhode Island before the band even existed.
You can listen to the 2nd broadcast next Sunday at 10am ET, which we *think* is 4am on Saturday here. (This can be checked using facts instead of vague memories and conjecture, so please do before staying up to listen to it live or anything.) It’ll also be streamable on the website for the week after, which is FFS’s listening method of choice.
Check out the rather awesome tracklisting for Ramblers and Broken Homes below.
- Professor Longhair, Tipitina
- John Prine, The Hobo Song
- Jackson C. Frank, Blues Run the Game*
- Bob Dylan, I Threw It All Away
- Captain Beefheart, Yellow Brick Road
- Gram Parsons, Return of The Grievous Angel
- Leonard Cohen, Hey, That’s No Way to Say Goodbye
- Ramblin’ Jack Elliot, Wabash Cannonball
- Nathan Moore, Travelin’ On
- Led Zeppelin, Going to California
- Mississippi John Hurt, Make Me a Pallet On Your Floor
- Woody Guthrie, More Pretty Girls Than One
- Lucinda Williams, Jackson
- Joe Fletcher, My Idea (live)
- Joe Fletcher, Sentimental Jury (live)
- Tom Waits, Anywhere I Lay My Head
*There’s a bloody wonderful cover of this one on Headless Heroes (them featuring the lovely Alela Diane)’s 2008 album The Silence of Love. You can hear it on Spotify.