Two of your humble FFS servants are off to End of the Road festival in Dorset today and we’re barely able to contain ourselves. The festival never misses a beat with its line-ups and we’ve been faithful attendees since we launched For Folk’s Sake there in 2008.
We’ve been looking at the stage times and getting stupidly excited. There’s just so many of our all-time favourites and SO much we want to see. Not to mention the promise of secret sets at the Piano Stage in the woods, delicious curries, the nicest atmosphere of any festival we’ve been to and the absolute certainty that we’ll come away with some new favourite bands.
Allow us to indulge ourselves, with some music from our top four artists for each day of the festival…
- Rachael Dadd 1.45-2.15pm, Tipi Tent
- Allo Darlin’ 4-5pm, The Woods Stage
- Eels 7.30-8.45pm, The Woods Stage
- David Byrne & St Vincent 9.30-11pm, The Woods Stage
- Q&A with Ethan Johns (solo artist and Laura Marling’s producer) 11.30-12.15, Tipi Tent
- Night Beds 2.45-3.45pm, Garden Stage
- The Leisure Society 5.15-6.15pm, The Woods Stage
- Daughter 8-9pm, Garden Stage
- The Staves 4.45-5.45pm, Garden Stage
- Caitlin Rose 5.45-6.45pm, The Woods Stage
- Jens Lekman 6.30-7.30pm, Garden Stage
- Belle & Sebastian 9.20-11pm, The Woods Stage
The best of End of the Road 2013 via Songdrop: